Oculus Rift – The Virtual Reality Vision
The dream of a virtual reality system that could be enjoyed in the comfort of your home seemed not too long ago like something from science fiction. However, the Oculus Rift has now made that dream a reality with a sleek and affordable device made for personal use.
One of the most anticipated systems to hit the virtual reality market, Oculus Rift features an advanced display technology that lets users transport themselves to another time and place. With the ability to view movies or enjoy a range of games, this device is a full entertainment system.
Oculus Rift: A Gaming Innovation
Oculus Rift features a low-latency constellation tracking system, which causes the user to feel as though they’re right with the game. This type of immersion is one of the standout features of this device and one that will change the world of gaming forever.
The games available on Oculus Rift range from action RPGs, to puzzle games, and first-person multiplayer shooters, so there’s a genre to suit everyone. Games played in virtual reality open up a whole new world and perspective never experienced before.
Unlike other brands of virtual systems available currently, the Rift has a number of exclusive titles which have been built specifically for this device. Along with some popular favourites, there is no shortage of games to enjoy.
The New Way to View Movies
2016 is set to be the year that virtual reality cinema changes the game forever. With a range of shorts and trailers available for users to enjoy, fans eagerly await the hyped feature length films that are due to be released at the end of 2016.
Be one of the first to enjoy this cinematic revolution with your Rift, which will give you access to these immersive and awe-inspriing films that you put you in the middle of the action.
What You’re Getting With the Rift
Using only state of the art optics and display technology, the Rift has been specifically designed to bring virtual reality to the masses. With a high refresh rate and custom optics, it allows users to immerse themselves completely into any game or movie.
This set includes a headset, cables, sensor, remote, and Xbox One controller to get you started. You’ll need a Windows PC and internet connection to operate the system as there are recommended specifications required. Each headset comes complete with built-in headphones, so there are no extra accessories required to enjoy the experience.
Designed for Comfort
The utmost care went into creating a device that was comfortable for the user, including the feel of the device and the effects it has on your eyesight while operating. The environment created by the Rift is inviting and easy to use, making it the perfect way to introduce yourself to the possibilities of virtual reality.
The Oculus Rift signals a new generation of not only gaming and entertainment, but a range of other benefits as well. As virtual reality becomes an increasingly important part of health and science too, we’re sure to see this technology explode in the near future.
Start enjoying virtual reality now with the ability to game with friends across the globe or watch a movie in high definition 360-degree views, and be transported to another time and place altogether
- This device is very lightweight but made with a sturdy construction. It doesn’t feel heavy as you wear it and after a while, you might even forget that you have the headset on.
- The design of the Oculus Rift is stunning, with a sleek look and a fabric coating over most of it that makes it extremely comfortable to touch and wear.
- The Rift’s headset is a lot cheaper than comparable products, currently sitting at about $200 less than the Vive.
- With a range of games to choose from, there are plenty of options for staying entertained with the Rift.
- Oculus Rift’s setup is incredibly easy and suits even the most amateur gamers.
- Unlike HTC Vive, the Oculus Rift doesn’t have room-scale VR which allow gamers to move around the room, so you’re often confined to a seat when you play. This can subtract from the whole notion of virtual reality where you’re experiencing things in another place.
- There is a small space in the bottom of the goggles that allows for light to creep in. If you tighten the strap too much to eradicate this light, you’re then left with fog covering the lenses.
- Because it uses gamepad based VR, there is the potential for this device to make some users feel queasy. As you’re seated in a chair but controlling movements with a stick or pad, it can alter your perception somewhat.
- This device is only compatible with Windows PCs, and the specifications required would mainly be found on gaming computers only. There may be the need to upgrade your computer system before purchasing the Rift.
While the Oculus Rift is certainly an amazing virtual reality device, it does have its downfalls. However, for one of the first devices which makes VR a possibility for the average person, this system is truly wondrous. Its design is comfortable and user-friendly, so it’s a pleasure to wear. Setting it up took just minutes, provided you have the correct specs and Windows installed on your PC.
The price is very appealing with the Rift, as it currently sits at about $200 less than the HTC Vive. This makes it an affordable and realistic purchase for gamers and one that will provide hours of entertainment. However, if you don’t have the necessary hardware in terms of a Window PC with the correct specs, you’re looking at spending an addition thousand or more just to upgrade your system to compatibility.
Overall, the Rift is an amazing device considering it’s the first of its kind to be available to the public. Although there are a few minor setbacks, overall it provides a truly unique gaming experience that will dazzle users. To purchase your Oculus Rift and start enjoying virtual reality in your own home, click here.