Oculus Rift Ready Desktop Bundle
Get Ready for the Virtual Revolution. Dive right into the virtual reality action with the Oculus Rift Asus Oculus Ready Desktop PC. Now there’s no need to purchase a separate desktop or worry if your outdated machine will be compatible with the VR experience as you can get this bundle to cover all of your needs.
As virtual reality comes back into the mainstream, developers have finally found a way to bring this important technology to the masses in the right way. Oculus Rift gives people a chance to experience virtual worlds that they have never seen before and immerse themselves completely into simulated environments.
The Oculus Rift
The Oculus Rift is the most anticipated VR system around, with the ability to let everyday users enjoy virtual experiences, games, and videos from the comfort of their own home. However, many desktops simply do not the meet the requirements to experience this new age of digital media, and so this bundle provides everything users need to begin.
Oculus Rift features an advanced display technology and a state of the art constellation tracking system which transports the user to another time and place. This type of immersion is only possible with the Rift, and will transform the way you game forever.
With unique head tracking capabilities and headset camera which follows your movements, you can interact with the virtual world around you without ever leaving your lounge room. Play in depth RPGs in fantasy worlds or witness the spectacle of nature documentaries brought to life.
Asus Oculus Ready Desktop
The Asus Oculus Ready G11CD-Ws51 Desktop PC features an Intel core i5 6400 2.7 GHz processor which is the latest generation. It also has 8GB of RAM for a fast performance and a 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 graphics card will give you images like you’ve never seen before and will increase the power of this unique device. This desktop PC is not only ideal for VR, but for use outside of your Rift as a complete gaming device or professional machine.
Asus are known for creating solid machines ideal for gaming, and this Oculus Ready Desktop PC is no exception. In a sleek black and red design, this futuristic computer will only add to your gaming experience.
What You’re Getting
This bundle features the popular game changing Oculus Rift headset with built-in headphones, microphone, Xbox One Wireless Controller, sensor and remote. Along with your Asus PC, it has everything you need to start your VR experience straight away.
Set up is incredibly easy, as the two devices connect together and download the requirements immediately. There’s no need to perform any complicated system checks or installation processes, so it’s ideal for beginner gamers too.
Change the Way You Game
With a huge selection of games on offer, there’s a title available in every genre. As more games are produced each day, you can download new and exciting content for your Rift as it comes out. There are puzzle, arcade, adventure, action, RPG and sci-fi shooters available on this system with hours of entertainment for the entire family.
With over 30 games available at launch, the Rift certainly has it over other models. While they may have the number of titles to match, none has the depth of games available with this system. It can truly provide hours and hours of entertainment for players.
Every purchase of the Rift comes with a free copy of Lucky’s Tale, an adventure game designed specifically for this platform. Lucky’s Tale shows an innovative approach to gaming as you make your way around this virtual world and fully immerse yourself in its surroundings.
As the new Touch controller is set to launch later this year, gaming with the Rift will again be revolutionised. This device will allow users to manipulate objects in their virtual environment using state of the art constellation tracking. When using the Touch controllers, intuitive actions in the virtual world will feel natural, and add further to the immersive capabilities of this system.
Fully Immersive Movies and Media
Not only built for the gamer, Oculus Rift is set to the change the way we view movies forever. A current selection of amazing shorts, trailers, and digital experiences are available to view with your Rift, with feature length films looking to be released in 2016.
When viewing movies with your Rift, you’ll be able to look around and explore the setting of each story. Virtual reality cinema at home is a new endeavour and one that is sure to change the world of film forever.
Until the hyped VR ready films are released, you can enjoy any of your favourite titles with the Oculus Rift. Some apps available for download even place you right in the theatre, complete with giant screens and rows of seating. You’ll never watch a movie in 2D again.
Begin Your Virtual Reality Adventure
As the first generation of this exciting virtual reality system, Oculus Rift is already proving to be a leader among competitors. When coupled with the Asus Oculus Ready G11CD-WS51 Desktop, you have everything you could ever need to game in a virtual world.
Kick start your virtual reality adventure today with the trusted name of Asus and their VR ready desktop, complete with the game-changing Oculus Rift system. You’ll be amazed at just how realistic games and movies feel when you’re wearing the Oculus headset.
- The Rift’s headset is extremely lightweight so it’s comfortable to wear. Although lightweight, the construction is solid and it feels very well put together. Cushioning around the nose and eye area make it the most comfortable of comparable brands available so it can be worn for hours on end.
- As a bundle and for the Oculus Rift on its own, this device is priced well under the competing brands.
- Asus are known for creating quality computers, and the Oculus Ready G11CD-Ws51 Desktop PC is packed with state of the art features that make this more than just a VR ready computer.
- Setting up both the desktop and the Rift device is incredibly easy, and can be done in less than an hour. The operation of the device is simple too and it can be performed by even the most amateur gamers.
- Currently, a selection of over 30 games are available for the Rift with more being produced each day. The games have significantly more depth than the HTC Vive, offering players more hours of entertainment.
- Players are generally confined to a small space when gaming when the Rift, unable to move around the room as you can with other devices. When gaming with HTC Vive, you’re able to move around the entire room as you play.
- The controller that comes with the Rift is the Xbox One standard, as the new model has yet to be released. This can somewhat take away from the immersive experience when gaming.
- Some users have reported a gap in the goggles where light can creep in, so ensure you’re gaming in a dark room. If you attempt to tighten the goggles too much to remove this light, the lenses will fog up.
- There have been reports of multiple issues during the installation phase where the desktop isn’t allowing the Rift software to complete. However, after speaking with dedicated support staff this was quickly resolved.
- Due to the fact that this system uses head tracking, some gamers have reported bouts of nausea and dizziness after use. Breaks are often needed throughout, which can interrupt with movie watching or gaming.
Overall, there’s no doubt that the Rift is a truly amazing piece of electronics. As we once again see a resurgence in the world of virtual reality, it seems that developers are finally doing something right after failed attempts like Nintendo’s Virtual Boy in the 90s.
This bundle provides gamers with everything they could ask for to begin their virtual reality experience, and at a great mid-range price. With a powerful desktop such as this, there’s no need to worry about upgrading your existing PC to meet the stringent requirements of the Rift.
The GeForce GTX graphics card present in the ASUS is one of the leading technologies which allows for the ultimate immersive experience when gaming in virtual reality. These graphics cards come standard in all ASUS Rift ready desktops, so you can be sure that you’re getting the best GPU possible.
As constant debate occurs over the Rift vs HTC’s Vive system, it’s fair to say that both can offer something great. The Rift is considerably cheaper at around $200 less, so what it’s lacking with the controller and room-scale VR may be justified for some. Grab your Asus Oculus bundle from here and start enjoying the ride today.