The Best Virtual Reality Headsets
The era of virtual reality is here and everybody is eager to get their hands on the best VR headsets in the market. Virtual reality provides users an enticing experience, nothing like something they have ever witnessed before.
VRs have revolutionized the world of gaming and entertainment and now with so many different kinds of headsets available in the market, it has become easy for practically anyone to experience the relatively new technology that is slowly becoming main stream. Here are the top virtual reality headsets in the market:
Samsung Gear VR – Virtual Reality Headset
The mobile virtual reality headset is a definitely a looker, and is currently one of the best sellers on Amazon. Samsung has made this headset in partnership with Oculus. Watch movies, play games and socialize with your friends using this trendy new gear. This upgraded model comes with tons of new improved features and upgrades.
The headset was unraveled alongside the Galaxy Note 7, however; rest assured that it is not specifically built for the Note 7.
Visually, the new Samsung VR appears almost identical to the model replacing it. The headset, however, features a new external port that can be used attaching different accessories to the unit including game controllers and cameras.
Here are some notable features of the Samsung Gear VR Headset:
- Lightweight Design: The Samsung Gear VR features a lightweight design so that you can carry it around with added comfort and portability.
- Compatibility: The headset is compatible with a number of devices including Samsung Galaxy S7, Note 5, S6, etc. While the USB-C connection is specifically designed for the Galaxy Note 7, users can attach a micro USB adapter to make it work with other phones.
- Comfort: The improved device offers a more comfortable fit, with extra padding, increasing durability. And on top of that it fits perfectly on users who wear glasses.
- Upgraded Touch Pad: The upgraded touch pad is easier to use and touch, improving user friendliness.
Here are some notable pros of the Samsung Gear VR Headset:
- 101-Degree Field of View: A large degree field of view is what sets the Samsung Gear VR apart from other virtual reality headsets in the market. Both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift offer a more restricted field of view. The new headset now offers FOV of 101 degrees, which is an upgrade from the previous 96-degreees.
- Better Experience: The Samsung Gear VR features a dark blue and blackish color, which are good for immersion. The previous model was white and was said to be too reflective.
Here are some notable considerations of the Samsung Gear VR:
- Lack of Compelling Content: Most of the games in the headset cannot be played as the device does not come with a controller. It should also be noted that Samsung controllers are comparatively much more difficult to find.
- Overheating: The Samsung Gear VR Headset at times becomes difficult to enjoy as it has an overheating problem.
The headset can only be utilized with high-end Samsung smart phones, which is a major limitation of the device. Additionally, users cannot move despite the headset being wireless (for safety reasons), while keeping all these things in mind, the Samsung Gear VR Headset is not bad for its price, but can certainly use some improvements.Find It On Amazon.com
HTC Vive – Virtual Reality Headset
If you have the right budget, the HTC Vive will offer you the best virtual reality experience in town. The awesome headset allows you to experience all kinds of killer content. You can enjoy anything from 3D painting to a score of games. The HTC is certainly worth all the hype.
Here are some notable features of the HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset:
- SteamVR Powered: The VR headset allows room-scale experience along with chaperone guidance. Apart from just sitting stationary, users can walk around the room while wearing the ingenious headset.
- Room-Scale: The 360 degree room-scale tracking allows you to walk around freely in the room with ease.
- Wireless Controllers: The device comes with two wireless and rechargeable controllers that drastically improve your virtual reality experience.
- Chaperone Safety System: Rest assured with this device, you remain connected to the real world. It also features a front-facing camera.
Here are some notable pros of the HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset:
- Best Virtual Reality Experience: The Vive Virtual Reality Headset provides users a solid virtual reality experience like no other.
- Increased Safety: With the HTC headset, you no longer have to worry about bumping into objects.
- Adjustable Screen: Unlike other virtual reality headsets in the market, the HTC Hive allows you to adjust the screen.
- Stay in touch with Reality: You can connect the device to your phone via Bluetooth to text and make calls.
- Controllers inside the box: The controllers are available with the box unlike other common virtual reality headset tech.
- Pricy: Yes it is expensive, which might instantly discourage budget-conscious customers from purchasing the top-notch headset despite its awesome specs.
- Bulkier in Weight: The HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset features a bulkier design and is also bulkier in weight.
- Complex: The device is involves a comparatively complex installation process.
- Requires a lot of Space: The headset requires a lot of space for playing games while walking around hence it is not ideal for users who have small apartments or tiny homes.
The HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset come around as a little pricy but it will offer you the best virtual reality experience you have ever witnessed. Aside from the impressive hardware, the device also features a number of games. Also, keep in mind that the high price is likely to decrease with time, making the HTC Vive Virtual Reality available to more VR enthusiasts.Find It On Amazon.com